TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE!
1 Spot Left in Our 2014 Training!
Vidya Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training is a 200 hour program registered with the Yoga Alliance and dedicated to the pursuit of cultivating body, mind, and spirit via a comprehensive yoga practice. The word Vidya means “knowledge,” “learning,” and the “Way to realize Truth.” Our teaching staff believes this knowledge is developed through the practice of Asana (postures), Pranayam (breath control), Meditation, Raja Yoga (study of philosophy and ethics, specifically Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras), investigation of the Subtle Body, Anatomy, and Principles of Alignment, as well as a deep investigation of and awareness of the Self .
Vidya: “the pursuit of knowledge or way to realize Truth”
Vinyasa: “the synchronicity of breath and movement”
Vidya Vinyasa Yoga is the practice of moving the body in conjunction with the breath, so that every asana, as well as every step, is a conscious and joyful awareness of our life force and all it is intended to be. Such intention makes every moment an opportunity to practice Yoga. Our goal is for students to experience the connection of the mind, body, and breath in a practice that brings each of us closer to knowing our true “Self” both on and off the mat.
Deepen your practice and learn how to teach under the guidance of two seasoned teachers, Melissa Scagliarini and Katie O’Connell in a retreat-style training that will transform your life. Together, Katie and Melissa have over 20 years of teaching experience, and over 1,000 hours of formal accredited training with senior teachers.
Vidya is the “pursuit of mindfulness and clarity, a practice we will culture in every aspect of this training.” –Katie
Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training offers a supportive, encouraging and challenging environment which provides for your growth as a person and as a yoga instructor. The Vidya Vinyasa YTT runs in 8 weekend modules, Fri-Sun, September, 2014 through May, 2015, and offers both residential and non-residential options for students. In addition to weekend trainings, students will attend yoga classes in their home towns, complete projects, journals, and reading assignments, as well as engage in both supervised and independent practice teaching opportunities, both at Dragonfly Yoga and elsewhere. In this program we will:
- Develop a deeper awareness of Self and others, connection and purpose of all beings & nature
- Learn classic asanas and Sanskrit names for the poses
- Raja Yoga (study of yoga philosophy using Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, history of yoga, related texts
- Study and practice appropriate sequencing for both vigorous and gentle Vinyasa flow yoga
- Study Structural and Subtle Anatomy and Physiology as it applies to yoga asana.
- Therapeutics: learn poses, modifications, and contraindications for special populations (injury, illness, pre-natal, trauma), including Restorative, Pre/Post-Natal, and Yin postures.
- Learn appropriate hands-on adjustments, assists, and verbal cues
- Become a skilled and confident teacher, as well as find your own voice and style
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Understand the “business” of yoga: career opportunities, how to operate your own studio, organize workshops, and what it means to register with the Yoga Alliance, obligations to maintain certification, etc.
NEW CLASS BEGINS: Sept. 2014
SNOW/MAKE UP: If needed, TBD
Typical Saturday Schedule:
*7-7:30 am: Tea & Snacks
*8-9:30: Asana & Pranayam Practice
*11-2: Workshops & Clinics
*2 pm: Snacks & Break
*2:30-5:30: Workshops, Special Topics, Clinics
*7:-9: Study Time
Cost of the Program includes:
*8 months of YTT with Directors Melissa Scagliarini, E-RYT 500, Katie O’Connell, E-RYT 500, and Anatomy with Matt Scagliarini, DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy), and program manual. Complimentary classes at Dragonfly Yoga and Satya Yoga Studio are available. Guest instructors will join us throughout the year.
*4 consciously-prepared meals each weekend (plus early morning and midday snacks!) to support your body, mind, and soul throughout the training. “I love this training as much for the healthy food and lifestyle as for the carefully planned out program…” –Vidya student
Payment plans available: Pay in full or choose an installment plan to suit you: pay in two, four, or monthly installments. Credit /debit options available upon acceptance to the program. 3% service charge applies with Paypal.
For more information about the program, please email or call: email@example.com
Katie: (603) 707-7529
Apply now! Vidya Application
To inquire, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org